Turkey Meatball Soup fits the bill.
This is how I make it:
Turkey - around 3/4-1 lb
1 Large carrot
2 Med. onions
1-2 stalks celery
1-2 cloves of garlic
- Put a pot with water on the stove to boil
- Grind your turkey + 1 onion + garlic, add salt, pepper to taste
- Once the water comes to a boil, start forming small turkey balls, around 1" dia, and add as you go to the the boiling water. Reduce heat to med so its simmering nicely during this process.
- If you have any scum rising to the top, remove it with a spoon, until you have a clear broth.
- Add stalks of celery, peeled carrot, 1 halved onion, circled potatoes ( circled potatoes are potatoes diced into circles for my kids- you can do it the grown up style - "quartered")
- Add salt, pepper, bay leaf ( optional) and finely chopped fresh herbs of your preference. I like dill+cilantro, my classic version.
- Reduce heat to low and cover partially with a lid. Leave for 30-40 min.
Voila! You have just made a delicious, light, healthy soup from scratch!
You can also add cooked rice, or small pasta directly to the serving bowl, to beef it up a little. But that's totally optional.
I hope you are proud of yourself.