HOMEABOUTNEWMOMDESIGNSCONTACTINSTAGRAMFACEBOOKPINTEREST

10.26.2011

How to make a tablecloth

I would love for my dining table to be exposed like this at all times:
smooth, dark espresso finish, with beautiful wood grain....
But with kids in the house- it is simply impossible.


All sorts of activities take place on our dining table: drawing, play dough, chopping ( when Alina is helping with dinner), cutting/pasting/gluing, etc.
So a durable, protective something was absolutely necessary! A regular fabric tablecloth just would not do it.
So when a few years ago, I saw somewhere in blogosphere a tailored oilcloth tablecloth, I knew it was a solution for me.
You have probably noticed my old black/white tablecloth on the background of these photos, here or here.

It did served me with loyalty for around 3 years, but it is time to replace it with something fresh.
The only problem is that there is a limited selection of oilcloth fabric out there, most are too bright and flowery and do not blend into my living/dining area.

It has taken me a while to find a suitable pattern/color for my new tablecloth. 
I  have finally settled on Ty Pennington Spice Fabric in laminated cotton. This is how my table looks now:
neat, tailored, with small geometric pattern.


If you up for making yourself a tailored tablecloth, here are the instructions in visuals:

No comments:

Post a Comment