HOMEABOUTNEWMOMDESIGNSCONTACTINSTAGRAMFACEBOOKPINTEREST

8.06.2013

Re-caulking a shower

Did you know that between designing fabrics, raising kids and making dinners, I also re-caulk showers?
Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do!
Simple mix of water+bleach, 1:1 proportion.Scrub with this, and for especially dark grout lines, make paper towel strips soaked in the same mix, and leave them on top of stains for 10-15 min.
Once you cleaned all the gunk, remove loose caulking and re-apply new. Let set, no water for 24 hours.

HINT: Clear caulk is so much more forgiving than white. Even if you mess up, it won't be so visible!

 I also used masking tape to make the caulk go on straight and even. Just like you would with paint. Just make sure you remove the tape right away before caulk attaches to it.

2 comments:

  1. Such a timely post, well actually 2 days too late, but I guess I can still redo. I just did re-caulking in my bathtub, I wish I knew some of the tricks, like using clear and masking tape. I think I'll redo it following your tips, to make it nice and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it! Sorry, sweetheart! I hope your hand won't cramp up after all that caulking...My caulk gun for some reason seemed to fight me..or maybe I just don't have enough muscle ;-)

    ReplyDelete