Hearty Chicken pasta
This is a great dish when you have sudden guests coming and your fridge is...well...not fully stocked. It's very affordable, can feed from 2 to whatever, and tastes SO satisfying!
Save-the-day- pasta-dish ( 4-6 portions)
1lb chicken ( whatever pieces you have), diced
1 large onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 large red pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
2 cloves of garlic
Fresh herbs ( they make all the difference!) cilantro+dill+scallion, a little of each
Pinch of the following: coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric ( if you have)
1. Saute onion in 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil in a large non-stick or cast iron pot
2. Add chicken and saute until golden
3. Add as you dice, carrot, pepper, tomato, garlic, etc Add spices.
4. When everybody is in the pot, saute until veggies just start to get slightly browned.
5.Add water - the amount depends on the consistency you want. I usually make it so it resembles thick soup. Don't forget to season once more with salt and pepper.
6.When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and and simmer for 30 min.
7. Meanwhile cook pasta of your preference. We like thin linguine or thin spaghetti.
7. When ready to serve, pour a generous amount of soup over the pasta in a deep serving plate or bowl. Add fresh herbs.
If you need to feed more people, just increase the amount of veggies and pasta!
Hey guys, I would love to hear what you think of this recipe, do you think you'll try it?