Hmmm... I can still feel the breezy warm air, and the hot sand stuck under my fingernails...
Every time I take a sip of a good Mojito, I get transfered to the beautiful island of Turks and Caicos.
It took a few days of stalking our beach bartender, but I finally had a receipe for this divine drink that I am sharing with you today.
Perhaps, this weekend, when the grill is finally taking a break, and everyone is so stuffed -they can't move, this refreshing drink will be just what you need.
Turks and Caicos Pineapple Mojito
You will need:
- White rum ( Bambarra Silver is what he used)
- Special sugar syrup
- Juice of your preference
First, prepare the Special sugar syrup ( you can keep the rest in the fringe, indefinitely)
Combine white sugar+brown sugar+honey with water ( 1:1 sweet mixture to water)
Slowly simmer until everything melts into a slighly thickened laquid/ syrop
Now, you are ready to put the drink together!
- Combine in a skaker: 8 leaves of mint + 1/2 lime juice+ 2-3 ice cubes
- Shake, shake, shake to break up the mint with ice
- Add another1/2 lime juice, 5 tsp of syrup, 4 tbsp rum
- Shake, shake, shake to mix all together.
- Fill the 3/4 glass with ice
- Pour the mixture from the shaker over the ice ( up to you to strain or not, I actually like the pieces of mint in my drink, so I dont strain)
- Top of with a splash of Pineapple juice