HOMEABOUTNEWMOMDESIGNSCONTACTINSTAGRAMFACEBOOKPINTEREST

10.13.2010

Is everything new just well-forgotten old?


Let me tell you a little story.After Alinas Birthday back in august, I was left with a number of tissue paper pom-poms of various sizes. I knew I wanted to re-use them - they were large, colorful, 3-dimensional things that took a lot of effort to make. Now I've seen people use them anywhere from nurseries to front porches,  and I thought why not? Anyways, I wanted to hang them in random heights to create a nice vertical composition, but I had no tools at the time to attach them to the ceiling. But when I propped one on the wall vertically .... I kind of liked it! It looked fresh and creative, I've never seen them being used this way, and so I've decided to proceed with that. But for some reason, I couldn't come up with a good arrangement,  and colors were not exactly my favorites.  It's kind of like when you have a really good idea, but need time to work out all the details to make it really great. So up until this day, the tissue pom-poms are still up on the wall in some random unsatisfying order, and every time I look at them, I say to myself: "gotta do something here, I am not liking this, etc"
So today I am browsing a few new blogs, and I stumble upon ,what I thought was my great original invention, pom-poms up on the wall.
 First thing in my mind - "Damn it! I am not as creative as I thought I was".
Second thought in my mind - "Finally, Thank you, I know what I need to do now!"
And just like that I was hooked on this new blog, and decided to share with you this lovely way to add some 3-dimensionality to your walls. Enjoy!



These are done with paper napkins from IKEA, I love how wonderfully sophisticated these look! Hell with my plain pink and yellow pom-poms!!!  I got to get my hands on some IKEA napkins :)

P.S. Make sure to check out Dana Made It blog for TONS of great ideas on decorating, cooking, sewing and what-not! Seriously, do it! She has over 4500 followers, that should tell you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment