Don't you just love these? I find these captured moments absolutely magical and enchanting! And the artist behind these beautiful photos has (besides the most coolest name - Sarah Storm) a beautiful soul as well. I was lucky to encounter her lovely shop on Etsy the other day, and she was kind enough to answer a few questions about her life and artwork:
- You paint AND take amazing photos, both must be bringing tons of enjoyment, but what do you like doing better? Sarah:That is a great question, I love doing both, often my paintings come from my photographs. I consider both to be great outlets for creation. I am obsessed with creating. Without it I would lose my mind. I enjoy the traveling to new places that comes with photography and the challenge that comes with painting.
- What other profession would you be able to do and enjoy? Why? Sarah: I have a degree in environmental science and biology so my dream job would be a photographer/ biologist for National Geographic, but I also enjoy my current job as a horticulturist surrounded by nature.
-Favorite subject to photograph? Sarah: Nature, all of it. I especially like to take the small details that people overlook and show others how beautiful it is. Like insects, they're amazing. I am blessed to live in a beautiful state where I get a lot of inspiration.
- Describe your typical work day Sarah: I love my job as a horticulturist because no day is the same. I get to design landscapes, choose beautiful flowers and trees, and look after them every day while beautifying the earth! As a bonus I have an amazing view of the entire Rocky Mountain Range.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years Sarah: I really hope to be giving back to nature in an even greater way, I grew up in an area with a lot of mining, so I would love to reclaim the land back to what it once was before the mining came in, forestry is another area of great interest.
- Your favorite food Sarah: what great questions! I am extremely lucky, both my husband and my father are gourmet chefs, I love good food as much as nature and art. If I had to choose I love authentic Mexican food and Sushi.
-Motto you live by Sarah: "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams"
She is amazing, isn't she?!! Be sure to check out both of her wonderful Etsy shops full of inspirational photographs and original artwork. If you love nature - you going to love her work!
Happy Valentine's Day everybody! Hope you are surrounded by hugs and kisses today ;)