HOMEABOUTNEWMOMDESIGNSCONTACTINSTAGRAMFACEBOOKPINTEREST

7.27.2010

Color me pretty!

Remember my $200 store credit from Home Decorators? I have decided to buy this rustic looking chest. 
My home is pretty contemporary, and I tend to select more modern, clean line furniture pieces. But lately I find myself admiring antique objects, or beautifully aged, weathered, old, history-bearing pieces of furniture. I especially love the contrast of old and new.




This piece is long -46"! And what looks like numerous little pull out drawers ( they were the reason I looked at this chest in the first place) are actually 2 large drawers, which is great! Who wants to open one by one every little cubby looking for something?
Another factor that made my choice is its versatility. This muted red color chest can work in almost every room of my house ( or should I say, I can MAKE it work ;) I've never actually done a makeover of furniture, but really want to try. There are so many possibilities!!!  First, I'll see if I can use it as is. Perhaps, I will leave it like this for a little while....until I am bored. Then... and here some the fun part, I'll paint it some fun color to give it new fresh look.  Here are some options:

  • Paint it Fire Tuck Red - and use it the hallway/ entry with a cool modern mirror for an eclectic look.

  • Paint and age it into a sage green - and use it with a oversize traditional mirror or set of vintage prints.

  • Paint it HIGH-GLOSS BLACK- use it with an oversize black/white photo for a more glamorous look.

  • Paint & Age into CREAMY WHITE - use it with antique looking mirror for a relaxed-beach-house look.

  • Paint it GRASS GREEN or TURQUOISE - use it in kids room with shelves above or a colorful framed poster.


This list could on and on, and this piece could re-live many lives and serve different purposes, I am looking forward to receiving it! Will let you know what I have decided to do with it.

Meanwhile, here is an example of how this chest would fit into a child's room. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment