HOMEABOUTNEWMOMDESIGNSCONTACTINSTAGRAMFACEBOOKPINTEREST

8.11.2010

Mushrooms with Sweet Onions


No matter how unfocused I am, I have to feed my family. Last night I made another light, yet satisfying dinner- Fish with sauteed mushrooms on the side. Mushrooms are another great alternative to meat during summer. Whether it's huge portobello baked with stuffing or mushroom soup, or my case, side dish mushrooms, these savory guys can really wake up your taste buds and satisfy your craving for that earthy, juicy, robust bite. Here is how I make them to go along with fish/pasta.

Sauteed Mushrooms with Sweet onions

2 packages of baby portobello mushrooms, washed, halved/quartered
1 large onion, chopped ( Vidalia onion recommended)
2 tbsp butter
Oil
Salt, Pepper
Fresh Herbs
Sour Cream - optional

1.In a large pan heat some oil, add chopped onion - saute until golden brown, do not salt
2. Add mushrooms, mix - saute 15 min on med, do not salt.

At this point the mushrooms and onions will cook and some will even caramelize a little.

3. Add butter, salt, pepper -  saute until butter melts.Garnish with fresh herbs.
4. If you feel you need extra love - add a couple tbsp of sour cream.

I didn't.

But you can ;)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kathryn, I always look out for new mushroom recipes!

    ReplyDelete